This week I wrote about the SLAPP lawsuit that Audio Eye filed against accessibility expert, and WordPress community member, Adrian Roselli. The conversation over in the Post Status #club channel was enthusiastically supportive of Adrian and his messages about accessibility and against overlays. Mike Demo also covered it in the Business Roundup this week.
Today I also presented at WP Campus’ annual conference about a different kind of accessibility – human access to community, jobs, projects, spaces, and other resources. I’ve posted my slides and a link to the presentation I did at WordCamp Phoenix on my site.
The bottom line on both web accessibility and inclusion is that we, as a community; we, as businesses; we, as organizations; and we, as individuals, can always do better to help our web and our community be more inclusive and accessible.
Join Us on Meetup
Join us for our Meetups! Details on our Meetups are available on our Meetup page. August dates to be published soon.
- WordPress Blog: People of WordPress: Allison Dye
- Underrepresented in Tech Podcast: The 100th Episode Retrospective
- Post Status: Post Status Draft – The WP Agency Journey with Rob Cairns of Stunning Digital Marketing
- Gravity Forms Blog: Introducing the New Gravity Forms Nonprofit License
- WordCamp Bengaluru July 29
- WordCamp Kampala August 5-6
- WordPress Community Summit August 22-23
- WCUS August 24-26
- WPCareerSummit October 20
Check out more WordPress events on WP.Events, a site I curate through StellarWP.
Photo of the Week
Today’s photo of the week comes from Buddhi Kumar Shrestha on WordPress Photos.