DEIB in WordPress Continues
Underrepresented Gender Release Team
After WordCamp US I sat down (via Zoom, of course) with Josepha Haden Chomphosy, the Executive Director of WordPress, to discuss the underrepresented gender release team currently in process for the next WordPress release, reflections back on the all-women/non-binary release, and thoughts on inclusivity in WordPress. It’s definitely worth a listen.
WP Includes – A Woman in WordPress Mentorship Scheme
Francesca Marano and Siobhan McKeown have launched WP Includes, a project focused on increasing the representation of women in WordPress boardrooms and leadership, with the vision of at least 50% of leaders in the top WordPress companies to be women. They’re currently seeking mentors and mentees, so if that’s you – check it out!
Join Us on Meetup
Join us for our Meetups! Details on our Meetups are available on our Meetup page.
- September Professionals Meetup September 19
- Post Status Product Owners Meetup September 20
- August Agency Owners Meetup September 21
- WPCoffeeTalk Podcast: Interview with Alex Standiford
- Club WordPress Podcast: ¿Cómo planificar un proyecto web? Con Miguel Sanz de Bisiesto Estudio
- WPTavern Blog: GoDaddy Retires Media Temple Brand
- WordPress Blog: The Month in WordPress – August 2023
- AI: The next chapter (by Human Made) September 14
- Pagebuilder Summit September 18-22
- WordPress Accessibility Day September 27-28
- WPCareerSummit October 20
Check out more WordPress events on WP.Events, a site I curate through StellarWP.
Photo of the Week
Today’s photo of the week comes from diwan925 on WordPress Photos.