Feedback and Testing: Fluid Typography, Pre-Publish Sidebar, Editor Configuration, Expired Session Autosave, and Contribute Style Variations to Twenty Twenty Three
This Week at WordPress.org (August 17, 2022)
Get your feedback in now about features coming in WordPress 6.1. Feature freeze is September 20.
WordPress 6.1 feature freeze is September 20, 2023. There are many ways to weigh in with feedback now.
1️⃣ Expired session autosave
2️⃣ Add a preview section to the pre-publish sidebar
3️⃣ Design Exploration: Encourage editor configuration during on-boarding
4️⃣ Twenty Twenty-Three default theme — Project kickoff
5️⃣ Testing and Feedback for the Fluid Typography Feature
- WordPress Development Setup
- FEEDBACK REQUESTED: If WordPress user session expires on post edit page, Gutenberg autosave continues resulting in 403s.
- A Week in Core – August 15, 2022
- Proposal: Stop merging experimental APIs from Gutenberg to WordPress Core
- Standardize npm script naming in the Gutenberg project
- Devchat agenda, August 17, 2022
- Editor Chat Agenda: 17 August 2022
- Editor chat summary: 10 August, 2022
- Dev Chat Summary, August 10, 2022
- Design Share: Aug 1–12
- FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Add a preview section to the pre-publish sidebar
- FEEDBACK REQEUSTED: Design Exploration: Encourage editor configuration during on-boarding
- SUBMISSIONS DUE AUG 31: Twenty Twenty-Three default theme — Project kickoff
Five for the Future
- Deactivate inactive pledges
- Remove contributor hours when account banned
- Use last 5ftF contribution as inactivity criteria
- Hyperlink not readable on Program Expectations page
- Agenda: Global Marketing Team Meeting, August 17, 2022
- Notes: Global Marketing Team Meeting, August 10, 2022
- Performance team meeting summary 16 August 2022
- Performance Team Rep Nominations
- Proposal: Database performance Health Checks
- FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Testing and Feedback for the Fluid Typography Feature
- Themes team update August 16, 2022
- What is the Domain Name System?
- Let’s code! Converting a Shortcode into a Block
- The Creative Side of Blocks, Vol. 2
- Using Create Block Theme
- WordCamp Jinja: Diverse Speaker Sessions, Web Design Hackathon, Teachers Workshop and Fun at the Nile Source!
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? 🙏 Start Here ›
Get our weekly WordPress community news digest — Post Status’ Week in Review — covering the WP/Woo news plus significant writing and podcasts. It’s also available in our newsletter. 💌
You — and your whole team can Join Post Status too!
Build your network. Learn with others. Find your next job — or your next hire. Read the Post Status newsletter. ✉️ Listen to podcasts. 🎙️ Follow @Post_Status 🐦 and LinkedIn. 💼