Free Rider Problem, JSON Core Block Styling, Redesigned Home & Download Pages
This Week at WordPress.org (August 2, 2022)
Have you seen the new home page demo? Is there a problem with Free Riders? Do you want block styling standardized?
Resigning the Home and Download Pages
Development work is already underway on a block-based theme implementing a new design. A recent copy of the theme is running on a temporary staging site.
- The Month in WordPress – July 2022
- WP Briefing: Episode 37: The World of WordPress on World Wide Web Day
- People of WordPress: Carla Doria
- Project Update: WordPress.org Homepage and Download page mockups
- Community Team Meeting Agenda 4 Aug 2022
- Announcing the 2021-2022 Annual Meetup Survey!
- Report: Inclusion and Diverse Speaker Workshops June 2022
- July Meetup Organizer newsletter
- Deputy Feedback Wanted: Streamlining WordCamp Phases
- What’s new in Gutenberg 13.8? (3 August)
- Moving Core block styling to JSON
- FEEDBACK REQUESTED: WP_HTML_Walker: Inject dynamic data to block HTML markup in PHP
- Giving FSE a More User-Friendly Name
- A Week in Core – August 1, 2022
- Editor Chat Agenda: 3 August 2022
- Editor chat summary: 27 July 2022
- Devchat agenda, August 3, 2022
- Dev chat summary, July 27, 2022
- Design Exploration: Encourage editor configuration during on-boarding
- Design Share: July 18–29
- Proposal: A new kind of default theme
Five for the Future
- Agenda: Global WordPress Marketing Meeting, July 27, 2022
- Notes: Global Marketing Team Meeting, 20 July, 2022
- Developing the redesigned Home and Download Pages
- Pattern Previews for Themes in the Directory – Beta
- Performance team meeting summary 2 August 2022
- Dominant color proposal
- Regenerate Existing Images for non-technical users
- Open Source and the Free Rider Problem
- Updates on the Five for the Future program, and proposed improvements
- Introducing… Domains!
- Let’s Code! An Introduction to Block Development
- The Wide World of WordPress Events
- An introduction to the 9 Design blocks
- The Creative Side of Blocks
- Showcasing Content with Query Loops
- Creating a landing page with a block theme
- Let’s code! Common APIs: Shortcodes
- WordCamp Jinja: Diverse Speaker Sessions, Web Design Hackathon, Teachers Workshop and Fun at the Nile Source!
Thanks for reading our WP dot .org roundup! Each week we are highlighting the news and discussions coming from the good folks making WordPress possible. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, you need to be engaged with them and their work. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Are you interested in giving back and contributing your time and skills to WordPress.org? 🙏 Start Here ›
Get our weekly WordPress community news digest — Post Status’ Week in Review — covering the WP/Woo news plus significant writing and podcasts. It’s also available in our newsletter. 💌
You — and your whole team can Join Post Status too!
Build your network. Learn with others. Find your next job — or your next hire. Read the Post Status newsletter. ✉️ Listen to podcasts. 🎙️ Follow @Post_Status 🐦 and LinkedIn. 💼