Create compelling content for our audience with work that spans all phases of marketing, including research, strategy, writing, and publishing.
About the Company
Stranger Studios is a creative firm that produces open source technology and digital content to get people paid. All of our software is free to use. All of our content is free to consume.
Stranger Studios builds products around the platforms we create, including support, automation, guidance, and enhanced content delivery. We give businesses fast, secure software built to help them make more money. Financial security empowers individuals and organizations with time and opportunity to pursue their goals.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to lead the content marketing strategy for our flagship product, Paid Memberships Pro.
You will work closely with the Brand Manager to create compelling content for our audience. Your responsibilities will span all phases of marketing, including research, strategy, writing, and publishing.
Stranger Studios is a great place to work.
● Fully remote team with diverse members in 4 different countries
● 35 hour work weeks
● Flexible paid time off policy with a minimum of 25 paid days off per year
● Competitive salaries with an additional bonus structure
● Stipends for healthcare and technology expenses
● Company culture that supports your growth and well-being
● Support for independent business-related education expenses
● Research keywords and competitor content
● Develop a keyword SEO strategy
● Evaluate existing site content for SEO
● Create a variety of content (articles, videos, emails, ebooks, lead magnets, etc)
● Manage external content creators
● Identify stale content or content that should be redirected/ trashed
● Maintain a content calendar
● Coordinate product promotion needs with development team
● Collaborate with Brand Manager to create the voice of the company
Skills and Qualifications
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proven work experience as a Content Manager or Digital Marketing Manager
● Experience with email marketing platforms and best practices
● Strong writing skills with a focus on online content
● Detail oriented editing skills with the ability to follow, enforce, and develop a company style guide
● History of exceptional performance in a fully remote, sometimes asynchronous, team
● Strong analytical and project management skills coupled with a naturally creative personality
● Solid knowledge of Google Analytics and experience with both fundamental and trending principles of SEO
● Familiarity with WordPress as a content management system, as well as the extensive landscape of people creating profitable businesses with WordPress
● Self-starter is a MUST: the ideal candidate owns projects and drives them to completion
Bonus Skills and Qualifications
● Experience with video editing and video production
● Interest or past experience in programming, specifically WordPress development
● Interest or past experience in basic graphic design, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite or web-based design tools like Canva
● Experience creating and maintaining paid search projects (SEM)
● Interest or past experience with social media marketing
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000 DOE
Stranger Studios offers a unique work-life balance. This job is very exciting and fast paced, with the opportunity to work anywhere in the world. Please provide a CV and introduction of yourself, including your favorite superhero. If you think this job describes you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PMPro Needs a Content Manager” in the subject line.