XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We’re proud of the high levels of inclusion that our distributed team reports and we work hard to support each individual doing their best work together at XWP.
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, Forbes, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 75+ experts (from 25+ countries and 6 continents) enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
We are looking for the right person to join our project management team who will support XWP’s mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by leading the delivery of exceptional software and great client experiences within a supportive and growth-oriented environment. This is a part-time freelance role, with an expected engagement of 10-20 hours per week.
Who You Are
- Your natural bias is towards servant leadership and empowering your colleagues to solve problems well
- Order and efficiency are your superpower.
- Overcommunication is your default setting
- You have an appetite for learning and self-development
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
- Your active listening skills and empathy cultivate trust and respect in your workplace
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence
What You’ve Done
- This isn’t your first time managing large scale Web SDLC projects with cross-functional distributed teams
- You’ve used Agile methodologies, including the SCRUM framework to facilitate complex projects towards on-time completion
- You’ve been accountable for tracking 6 figure budgets and tight timelines
- You’ve built strong, trusting relationships with client stakeholders without compromising on scope of work
- You’ve probably earned CSM or PMP credentials
- You’ve used Atlassian’s Jira at an advanced level to administer projects, and are familiar with GitHub
- Working on high-scale WordPress installs and platforms like WordPress.com and VIP
- An understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress
- An understanding of how performance and Core Web Vitals play into the success of websites
What You’ll Do Here
Represent XWP to Client Stakeholders
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client, ensuring exceptional client experiences
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate meetings, capturing and disseminating notes (both internal and external) during our Agile Scrum rhythms
- Manage and prepare client invoicing
Facilitate Effective Project Delivery
- Obtain estimation/effort levels from the team for all work to be performed
- Set up all necessary project work spaces, including Slack, Jira, and Monday.com
- Track, manage, and report on project budget, scope, and timeline while creating visibility for the rest of the team
- Review and approve contributor timesheets
- Ensure projects are properly resourced and running efficiently
- Effectively be able to identify when escalation may be needed, and escalate project concerns to appropriate channels
- Work closely with Architects to validate technical dependencies and needs to successfully complete projects
- Understand all components of the SOW, and ensure all deliverables are met
- Participate in and give back to the WordPress open source community
What Success Looks Like
- Projects delivering to client expectations, on time and on budget.
- Identifying and sharing information about additional opportunities with clients
- Having the trust and confidence of the project team
- Leading by example and treating others with respect
- Having a Client that is pleased with the workflow and experience the team has created
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work done right: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the open web
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
To apply for this job please visit join.xwp.co.