Each week we are highlighting the news from WordPress.org that you don't want to miss. If you or your company create products or services that use WordPress, we've got the news you need to know. Be sure to share this resource with your product and project managers.
Reminder: Gutenberg 13.0 ships with WordPress 6.0.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 13.1? (27 April)
- Customization: the next steps
- Exploration to enable better Developer and Visitor Experiences with blocks
- An Update on Preferred Languages
- Core Styles and Theme Customization: the next steps
Leading up to releasing WordPress 6.0, DevNotes and release-related information will remain.
- WPDiversity is Expanding to APAC!
- Announcement: Updated COVID-19 guidelines for official WordPress events
Social Learning Spaces:
- Open Source Principles and WordPress
- WordPress 5.9 Lookback & 6.0 Look ahead
- Showcasing Content with Query Loops
What's happening specific to Five for the Future? Provide your feedback on these posts:
- Tracking contributions: meeting attendance
- Tracking Contributions: HelpScout
- Tracking Contributions: Contributors share their contributions periodically.
- Manual “props” for team activity
- Minimal onboarding process for newly pledged contributors
- Outreach process for various types of incomplete and dormant pledges
- Prevent and remove spam/dormant pledges
- Require logging in for submitting the company pledge form
- Prevent company pledges becoming a public without pledges
- Include the number of pledges in the pledge listing
- Team Pledges: Link to Slack user for convenience