Thomas Lombart laid out the “soft skills” that every developer should have. Some of the highlights include:
- Be curious. Always learn new things. Learning publicly is even better.
- Be creative and proactive. Take the lead of topics and keep the big picture in mind.
- Be egoless. Don’t make fun of others, accept criticisms with kindness.
- Know how to communicate. Listen to others and learn how to be understood.
- Help others. You’ll be more trustworthy.
I also appreciate the point of not being shy about setting boundaries: “You should know when to say no to something.” 🙅♀️