Video and Podcast Picks
📹 Here’s my recommendation for video watching this week:
🎙️ Here are the podcasts I’ve been listening to lately:
- The latest Distributed podcast features Matt Mullenweg interviewed by Mark Armstrong. I heard some things in this discussion that I can’t recall hearing anywhere else. Matt tells the story of the pre-Automattic and early Automattic days, including the very first WordPress meetup. Even if you aren’t too interested in distributed work, this one’s worth your time.
- The Voices of the ElePHPant podcast spoke with Sebastian Grodzicki about serverless PHP.
- I started listening to the Ladybug Podcast with Kelly Vaughn, Ali Spittel, Emma Wedekind, and Lindsey Kopacz. My first episode was this one dealing with how to balance side projects.
- This short Syntax podcast episode covers the question “what is a headless CMS?” and of course mentions how WordPress fits in.
- This recent C2C Podcast interviews Tessa Krissel about the Pantheon Heroes project which focuses on giving back to Pantheon’s community. I’m listening to a recent episode focused on Asana at the moment. The very latest episode features Andrea Middleton on WordPress meetup groups and how diverse communities interact and thrive.
- If you enjoy or are thinking about picking up the php[architect] magazine, their companion podcast is a good one to keep up with too. Their latest episode touches on serverless PHP and other subjects, like how to securely manage keys, secrets, and passwords.