Joe and Brian discuss the structure and function of the WordPress.org website, which is the hub of the WordPress project. From who owns the website to its many moving parts, they go through it bit by bit.
Welcome to the Post Status Draft podcast, which you can find on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and via RSS for your favorite podcatcher. Post Status Draft is hosted by Joe Hoyle — the CTO of Human Made — and Brian Krogsgard.
In this episode, Joe and Brian discuss the structure and function of the WordPress.org website, which is the hub of the WordPress project. From the actual software distribution, to discussions about the project, to support, and buying swag: it all happens from WordPress.org. We break down what’s what and what we think you should know.
Who owns WordPress.org?
Who works on WordPress.org
How WordPress.org distributes software updates
Different Sections of WordPress.org Navigation
- WordPress theme directory — and reviews — and commercial themes
- WordPress plugin directory — and reviews
- Mobile — Redirects to .com
- Support Forums / Codex “documentation”
- Make WordPress (Get Involved)
- About (many sub pages and also project structure)
- Download (button — in future to be Get WordPress)
Other Linked Sites
Active Projects for Improving
- Handbooks (theme), plugin published
- Plugin directory
This episode is sponsored by Gravity Forms. Gravity Forms makes the best web forms on the planet. Over a million WordPress sites are already using Gravity Forms. Is yours? For more information, check out their website and thank you to Gravity Forms for being a Post Status partner.