Skip to content
Business Roundup Week Ending January 5
Written By Nathan Ingram
Understanding Gmail and Yahoo DMARC Requirements for Bulk Sending
- Google and Yahoo are turning what were once considered best practices for email authentication into mandatory requirements.
- All senders must authenticate emails using SPF, and DKIM.
- Sending more than 5,000 emails per day will require DMARC as well.
- Beginning next month, senders who don’t comply with the new requirements will start to see issues getting their emails delivered.
- Failure to comply risks emails being rejected or sent to spam.
- How will these new rules impact your agency and your clients?
- Learn more in these helpful articles from Postmark and ProofPoint.
The Changing Role of Digital Agencies
- Since marketing has become increasingly digital, the term “digital agency” has lost relevance.
- Skills that were once specialized are now standard practice, and AI threatens to automate many agency services.
- Highly tailored industry and platform-specific expertise is rising in importance compared to general digital skills.
- Forward looking agencies should focus on high-level strategy and leadership along with specialty niches.
- Will 2024 Mark the End of the ‘Digital Agency’? What is YOUR plan to get ahead of your competitors and adapt to the shifting landscape?
- Read more in this thoughtful article from the Wall Street Journal.
Is AI Coming for the Influencers?
- Several brands running experiments using AI tools to create synthetic “virtual influencers” for advertising campaigns.
- The new approach promises similar impact at a fraction of the cost, and present a threat to influencers who depend on branded content deals for their income.
- Cultivating a real human following still seems essential (for now).
- As with other creative fields, AI aims to peel away basic economic functions of the influencer business for automation at lower cost.
- Success will likely encourage more experimentation until virtual influencers become mainstream (or the novelty wears thin).
- What do you think about AI taking the place of human influencers? Would you be more or less “influenced” by AI?
- Read more in this provocative article in The Intelligencer.
Worth a Look