Vulnerability in HTTP/2 Protocol Leads to Largest DDoS attack in History
- A flaw in the HTTP/2 protocol makes virtually every website vulnerable to denial of service attacks.
- Cloudflare reported that they blocked an attack that was 300% larger than the largest DDoS attack previously recorded.
- Using the recently discovered request limit vulnerability, even small botnets can launch unprecedented attacks.
- Cloudflare clients are currently protected, and patches are currently coming from other server companies.
- Worst case, downgrading to HTTP/1.1 is a temporary fix.
- Are your sites managed by your agency currently protected from this massive security issue?
- Read security bulletins from Cloudflare, Google, and AWS.
WordPress Rolls Back Plugin Previews After Developer Backlash
- Last week, WordPress enabled “Live Preview” buttons for all plugins without communicating with developers first. Many plugins were broken in the testing environment.
- On October 6, WordPress removed the Live Preview feature entirely.
- Contributors will work on Playground compatibility before considering re-implementation.
- Many have urged better communication and inclusion of developer feedback before making changes that impact plugins.
Google Launches Free & Paid Generative AI Training Courses
- In September, Google launched new AI training courses on its Cloud Skills Boost platform.
- A free intro path covers AI principles for non-technical roles, takes around 2 hours, and earns a skill badge.
- A advanced path has hands-on labs for developers but requires paid Cloud credits to access.
- What opportunities could Google’s free training open for your agency?
Worth a Look
iThemes has Completed its Evolution to SolidWP
- The rebranding accompanies re-engineering of core products focused on user needs like backup & security, automated patching, and multi-site management.
NASA’s New Website is Out of Beta: Why Did They Choose WordPress?
WordPress Community Team Proposing Increased Fees for the 2024 Global Sponsorship Program.