Experts Fear Crooks Have Now Cracked Vaults Stolen in the 2022 LastPass Breach
- After analyzing a series of cryptocurrency thefts targeting tech-savvy individuals, security experts believe they may be linked to cracked LastPass vaults which were stolen in the 2022 breach.
- Since almost every victim had stored their cryptocurrency wallet’s seed phrase in LastPass, researchers believe this to be the primary vector for these thefts.
- If you use(d) LastPass, have you updated all your passwords yet?
- Kathy Zant’s take – https://youtu.be/xVaZyJaNHrE?si=ZyqknOv8x6pU3dXJ
AI has learned how to outsmart CAPTCHA
- New research shows that AI bots were able to solve CAPTCHA puzzles on 120 of the world’s most popular websites 85-100% of the time.
- The majority of bots were able to solve CAPTCHAs with over 96% accuracy (which is better than the human average).
- Is it time to start looking for a CAPTCHA alternative to protect the websites you manage?
Where do Fonts Come from? Monotype, mostly.
- Monotype owns popular fonts and platforms such as MyFonts, leading to an industry moving towards a monopoly, providing less diversification and opportunities for independent designers.
- Despite AI’s impact on the design industry, some believe the human artisan aspect of font design cannot be replaced.
- Are you a typography geek? You’ll enjoy this article for sure.
Worth a Look…
Level Up Your Design by Mastering These 16 UI Rules
WP Includes Introduces Women in WordPress: A Giant Step Towards Equality in Leadership Roles
Major news outlets are now blocking access to OpenAI’s GPTBotcrawler