How WordPress core development happens — Draft podcast
Welcome to the Post Status Draft podcast, which you can find on iTunes and via RSS for your favorite podcatcher. Brian and his guest co-host, Brad Williams discuss some of today’s hottest, current WordPress news.
This week Brian and Brad talk about how to get involved in WordPress core, what to expect when you do, how to navigate the waters of core development. They also discuss term meta, its use cases, how it works, and why it’s a great feature for WordPress 4.4.
Brad is guest hosting this week, as Joe is out. He’s the co-founder of WebDevStudios, a co-organizer for WordCamp US, and wrote Professional WordPress Design & Development (my go-to book on WordPress development). You can follow Brad on Twitter @williamsba.
WordPress core development process:
- WordPress core components
- Features as plugins
- WordPress Trac
- The WordPress core team
- How to get on WordPress Slack discussions
- Term Meta posts/notes on Post Status (some members only content)
- The case for term meta (members only)
- Term meta lands in core
- Term Meta posts on Make Core
- WordPress Fields API project