Joost de Valk, founder of Yoast SEO, posted his 7th CMS Market Share Analysis, based on data from W3Techs and BuiltWith. Here are some key points from Joost’s post:
- WordPress is the #1 CMS with a 43% market share, roughly the same as in December 2021.
- Shopify currently holds 4.2% market share, which is down .1% over the last 6 months, but year on year it’s still up by 0.5%.
- Wix is still growing fast, adding 0.4% market share in just 6 months, solidifying its #3 position.
- Drupal lost 0.1%, now at 1.2%.
- Webflow is growing nicely, doubling its market share in the last 12 months from 0.3% to 0.6%, bringing it into the top 10 for the first time.