Vito Peleg, Atarim‘s cofounder and CEO, explains how he “cracked” the partnership problem to find alignment with other companies that can help them all accelerate their growth. Alex Denning on the launch of Ellipsis‘ Weather Report: “We’ve never had this insight before, and it is exciting and terrifying to bring this kind of ‘live’ view of the industry, to the industry.” The acquisition trend is still up, on average. Meet Post Status business member Penske Media Corporation — PMC.
Estimated reading time: 40 minutes
Vito Peleg, Atarim‘s cofounder and CEO, explains how he “cracked” the partnership problem to find alignment with other companies that can help them all accelerate their growth. Vito explains what Atarim’s latest partnership with Rocket.net brings to both companies and their customers — and he anticipates more deals like this in the year ahead. Also, I learned “Atarim” (אתרים) is Hebrew for website, and I’ve been pronouncing it wrong. (Not the only one!) READ MORE →
Every week, Ellipsis‘ Weather Report will show us how much WordPress and WooCommerce search and advertiser activity has increased or dropped relative to the previous week. By watching these two trendlines, you can gauge whether your own search and sales trends are performing in line with the industry at large. Ellipsis’ Managing Director Alex Denning notes, “We’ve never had this insight before, and it is exciting and terrifying to bring this kind of ‘live’ view of the industry, to the industry.” READ MORE →
WordPress Acquisitions Show a Steady Increase Over Time
In the Ellipsis newsletter, Alex reviewed the Post Status Acquisitions (and investments) Tracker to generate an acquisitions trendline. Alex says he was “asked a couple of times at WCUS if acquisitions had slowed down. The answer is: yes, but we’re still seeing a lot of momentum and activity.”
PMC owns some BIG name brands, but for this company, their team is just as important (if not more so) than those well-known brands (see screen grab below), Penske Media Corporation is a heavy hitter. Michelle Frechette sat down with Gabriel Koen, VP of Engineering at PMC to talk about the business, and how inclusion and belonging matter at PMC.
- It’s been a while since we last talked with Kevin Ohashi at Post Status. I really enjoyed this Do the Woo interview with Kevin along with Ryan MacDonald of Liquid Web. These two go back a long way and have a lot of insight into the hosting business. We all benefit from Kevin’s work at Review Signal and WordPress Hosting Benchmarks every day — there’s nothing else like it, and if you listen to this interview you will learn why.
- Rob Howard takes a look at Fake Discount Pricing in light of laws that may regard this as a deceptive trade practice. Rob will have more to say about this in the future after further monitoring “to compare the different pricing and sale behaviors across different companies in the WordPress space.”
- 1,122% 3-Year Growth — Multidots posted some modest numbers…
- In the Post Status Book Nook channel, Jeremy Ward shared his takeaways from The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz The four agreements are:
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best