WordPress Layoffs: Some Resources
It’s been a common conversation lately. More and more companies have been reducing their staffs through layoffs. Concerning at least, terrifying at most. And as we seem to be entering (or are already into) a recession, it feels like it doesn’t have an end in sight.
Here at Post Status we could report about what companies are doing what, and wax long and laboriously about the cost/benefits, hardships, ecosystem issues, etc., but what we’d rather do is be a resource for you.
So let’s focus on how we can help, instead.
Job Boards and Job Links
We’ve compiled places where you’ll find information about jobs that are available.
- The Post Status Job Board
- Twitter posts
- Marketing & Sales Jobs for WordPress Businesses
Writing a résumé doesn’t have to be difficult, but it sometimes seems so very overwhelming. Here are some resources to help you craft yours.
- Tech Résumés are Different! Learn How to Write Yours
- Post Status Get Hired Webinar: Building Your Resume
- How should you explain gaps in your résumé and work history?
Job Search Help
Now that you’ve got your résumé done, here are some resources for finding tech jobs.
- How to Find a WordPress Developer Job
- 5 Things You Can Do Today to Increase Your Chances of Getting Hired
- How To Find An Entry-Level Job In Tech
- How To Find Tech Jobs (Plus Common Job Requirements)
- 3 Different Ways to Find the Perfect Tech Job for You
- Salary Transparency: Why Not?
We’ve all heard it’s not what you know, it’s who you know, and while that may not be strictly true, it certainly does help to have connections to places that are hiring.
Here are some articles on making the most of networking.
- Networking at an Online Conference
- Membership, Networking, and Job Hunting
- Job Networking Tips
- How To Land A Job Through Networking
- Networking Basics
- The Importance of Career Networking
LinkedIn is a huge resource for job searching and hiring. Here are some articles on sprucing up your LinkedIn profile to make the most of your connections there.
- 20 steps to a better LinkedIn profile in 2023
- The Super Simple Guide To Maximizing LinkedIn For Your Career
- 10 Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile in Under 5 Minutes
- 9 Ways to Maximize Your LinkedIn Profile
Your Mental Health
Guarding your mental health isn’t easy when you’ve experienced a layoff. There are people who care and can help you through the difficult times.
- Big Orange Heart
- Coping with the Emotional Impact of a Layoff
- How Layoffs Affect Your Mental Health And 7 Tips On How To Cope
- If You Were Laid Off Recently, Here’s How to Cope
- How to Protect Your Mental Health After a Layoff
If you have other resources we should add, tell us below and we’ll update this post.
If you’ve been laid off, we want to help. Reach out through our contact page and we’ll hook you up with a year of membership so you can network in our Slack community, too.
Best wishes as you find your next great job. We’re cheering for you!